SSL certificates encrypt customer communications and transactions to keep hackers from stealing sensitive information. But what if a hacker redirects visitors to a fake website? With DNSSEC security – included in Premium DNS – customers can secure up to 5 domains, so hackers can’t redirect visitors to fake, malicious sites.
Effective immediately, our Web Hosting plans no longer offer Java as an available add-on language. Existing customers with Java enabled are not going to be affected by this update. But, if they disable Java they won’t be able to re-enable it.
As an alternative for customers looking for Java support, please look at Virtual Dedicated Servers, which offer more flexibility than a shared hosting environment.
Visit our cheap domain hosting plans here
What Is Website Protection Site Scanner?
Website Protection Site Scanner is a website scanning service that identifies security vulnerabilities on any page or file in your website. It can diagnose threats such as phishing exploits, SQL injection flaws and cross-site scripting (XSS). Vulnerabilities are ranked by severity, and each issue includes suggestions for how to resolve it.
A website must pass a scan to receive and display a date-stamped Site Scanner seal. The seal assures visitors that the website they are browsing or shopping on is vigorously scanned on a daily basis and has no known vulnerabilities.
To maintain the site seal, issues that cause a failed scan must be corrected within 72 hours. The seal is revoked if the website fails a re-scan.
What is a Web application vulnerability?
A Web application vulnerability is a security weakness in a website or its environment. Vulnerabilities usually occur when there is a site development or implementation flaw.
Depending on the type of flaw, malicious users might exploit vulnerabilities, which could change the website, collect visitor’s personal information, steal visitor’s browser data, or perform other harmful actions to the site or visitors.
Vulnerabilities can be difficult for Web developers to locate because, in many cases, they do not affect the intended use of the application. Plus, there are hundreds of “known” vulnerabilities and new ones are discovered daily.
For example: If a log-in page submits credentials in “clear text,” the log-in information is sent to the server unencrypted. Visitors can log in and might not notice any issue.
Attackers who discover the “clear text” vulnerability might try to intercept another visitor’s log-in information and exploit it.
You can resolve this issue by adding an SSL certificate to the website, which encrypts transactions between visitors and the site.
To avoid vulnerabilities, regularly evaluate your site and its environment for flaws. Also, use a daily vulnerability scanner, such as Website Protection Site Scanner, to detect issues.
Why Website Protection Site Scanner?
Website Protection identifies security issues on your website that could allow a hacker to steal information, deface your site, or infect your customers. Site Scanner’s daily vulnerability scan looks for threats and categorizes them by severity with an easy-to-read scorecard and gives you recommendations on how to fix them.
Site Scanner looks for weaknesses on your website that a hacker can exploit. It scans forms, login and password fields, internal and external links – places where a hacker could get in to deface your website, steal information or infect your customers with malware. Site Scanner scans for more than 3,000 vulnerabilities every day, including spyware, back doors, SQL injection opportunities and cross-site scripting (XSS) holes.
Visit our Website Protection – Site Scanner for more information
A – What is DNS and why do I need to manage it?
- Every domain name is given a series of numbers known as an IP address — for example, the IP address for www.coolexample.com is 18.104.22.168. It’s this number that your browser uses to locate a particular website.
- When you type a domain name into your browser, the DNS (Domain Name Server) looks through a huge database to find the IP address you requested and then directs your browser to the correct website content.
B – Why Premium DNS?
Proper DNS management and security is critical in keeping your website, email and online applications up and running. Premium DNS makes it easy to manage and secure your DNS so your website is always available, performing reliably and safe from hackers who try to reroute your site and steal sensitive customer information.
- Faster performance, 99.999%† uptime guarantee Join our Premium DNS infrastructure and be confident your visitors can find you fast – no matter where they’re located throughout the world – with the Anycast DNS Network. Our world-class network is distributed across North America, Europe and Asia for increased performance and reliability.
- Reduce “website not found” errors You know that “website not found” errors make it look like your site doesn’t exist, but did you know that the inability to access a website is related to DNS issues 30% of the time?
- Mission-critical Secondary DNS Power outages and Internet routing problems can take down your primary DNS, making your website unavailable and leaving your visitors high and dry! Premium DNS provides a secondary DNS to deliver your domain name and keep your website accessible.
- Close security gaps All DNS systems worldwide have the same vulnerability – hackers can redirect your visitors to a malicious website or intercept their personal information. Premium DNS uses advanced DNSSEC security to protect your site and your visitors from these kinds of attacks.
- Easy to use for beginners, powerful for experts You don’t have to be a computer whiz to use Premium DNS. Our online dashboard makes it easy to manage and make updates to your DNS. If you’re an advanced user, you can drill down with more technical features. You can also get 24/7 access to expert support from certified DNS professionals.
- Works with any budget Only LuckyRegister – Cheap Domain Registration, Domain Hosting Services – offers the most comprehensive solution on the market at such an affordable price.
C – Premium DNS Includes:
- 99.999%† uptime guarantee
- Manage unlimited domains (zones)
- Unlimited records
- Secure up to 5 domains with DNSSEC
- No overage fees
- Reliable, fast Anycast global network
- Templates to create, save and reuse zone settings
- Mission critical secondary DNS with syncing (unlimited domains)
- Advance logging and reporting
- Built in error checking
D – How It Works
What good is your website if visitors can’t reach it? Premium DNS makes it easy to resolve common issues that prevent people from accessing your site, improving your overall performance, availability and security.
Problem: Hackers attempt to hijack your site and steal customer data.Hijacking is a risk with all DNS systems around the world. It’s a common way for hackers to steal private information. When a customer types in your Web address, the hacker interrupts the DNS lookup process and sends the user to a fake and malicious site that may look like your website.Solution: Premium DNS (enabled with DNSSEC) creates an unbreakable “chain of trust” between the visitor’s browser and your server, verifying that the visitor is actually arriving at your website.
Problem: Keep all Web exchanges private.Another way hackers steal credit card numbers and other sensitive information is through “eavesdropping.” Hackers sit on the DNS server and “listen in” on messages, logins and passwords as customers access your site.Solution: By verifying the visitor is at the intended website, Premium DNS shuts eavesdropping down.
Problem: “Website not found” errors cause you to lose visitors and sales.It’s never good when users get a “website not found” error. At best, they think you’re unprofessional; at worst, they think you don’t exist.Solution: Premium DNS makes sure your site is always available by using the Anycast global network, which provides multiple layers of redundancy. Your DNS records are distributed on servers throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia, so if one server should go down, your website will still be online. With unlimited secondary DNS, you always have a failsafe in case of a major outage.
Problem: Visitors experience delays or “time outs” trying to reach your site.There’s a lot riding on the physical distance between your visitors and your server. Customers who live far away may experience a delay in reaching your site or even get a “website not found” error message. The more cable between your server and your customer’s computer, the longer it takes for them to reach your site.Solution: The Premium DNS infrastructure offers improved security and faster resolution than the standard infrastructure. And since your information is distributed across DNS servers around the world, customers connect to the closest server location for a quicker response.
Visit our Premium DNS page to see more information
***7/5/2011 – $14.99/yr .CO Sale Extended Through July
***6/8/2011 – $11.99/yr .CO Domain Registration Sale: The sale will continue on our site through 5:00 PM (AZ Time) on June 30, 2011.
***3/17/2011 – $14.99/yr .CO Domain Registration Sale: The sale will continue on our site through 5:00 PM (AZ Time) on April 30, 2011.
***2/13/2011 .CO Domain Registration Sale Extended: The sale will continue on our site through 5:00 PM (AZ Time) on February 19, 2011.
.CO domain registration sale! For a very limited time, you can register your new, first-year .CO domain name registration for as low as $11.99. From Midnight (AZ time) on February 7, 2011 to Midnight (AZ time) on February 13.
.CO is the first truly global, recognizable domain to come along in years.
Understood around the world as an abbreviation for “Company,” “Corporation” and “Commerce”, .CO is easy to recognize, simple to remember and flexible to use. It offers international recognition in a fresh landscape where you can still choose the name you want, not just settle for what’s available.
Why Choose .CO?
- .CO is meaningful, memorable and intuitive for people around the world
- .CO is relevant to individuals, businesses, and organizations
- .CO gives businesses and brands the chance to create a worldwide footprint
- .CO appeals to today’s socially-networked individuals and entrepreneurs
- With industry-leading technology, enhanced security and unprecedented rights protection mechanisms – .CO is poised to become the world’s next premier web address
Harness the combined power of WordPress® and LuckyRegister – Cheap Domain Registration, Domain Hosting Services – WordPress Web Hosting to create your own personal, state-of-the-art blog. The WordPress publishing platform has thousands of free plugins, hundreds of free themes and is completely customizable, while LuckyRegister – Cheap WordPress Hosting Services – hosting is powered by Grid Technology, which spreads traffic spikes across multiple servers so your site is always up and running at top speed.
All Cheap WordPress Hosting Plans Include
- Thousands of Free Plugins **
- Hundreds of Free Themes **
- Completely Customizable
- No Licensing Fees
- Latest Blogging Technology
- 100+ FREE Email Addresses
- Google® Webmaster Tools
- 24×7 FTP access
- Our World-Class Data Center
- Daily Backups
- Best-of-Breed Routers, Firewalls and Servers
- Web site statistics
- Ad Credits from MySpace® and Google®
- Fotolia® Photo Credits
- Key Technical Features
Visit our cheap wordpress hosting page for more information.
- United States, European and Asia-Pacific data centers
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Full network redundancy
- Best-of-breed routers, firewalls and servers
- Enterprise-class backup and restore technologies*
- State-of-the-art security technology and 24×7 on-site security staff
If you are in Asia and want to see more about LuckyRegister Asian Web hosting and e-mail plans, please visit our domain hosting and e-mail. If you want to learn more about LuckyRegister’s Asian Web hosting and e-mail plans and live outside of Asia, please contact customer support.
Attention! We’ve drastically reduced the cost of .US domain names. From now until December 31, 2010, you can register new, first-year .US registrations at $3.99. (We’ve extended both the .US and .INFO sales through the first quarter of this year)
Offer our customers big savings on .US domain names! .US domains offer you an easy-to-remember, uniquely American presence on the Internet.
Now, through the end of 2010, you can register first-year, new .US registrations for as little at $3.99. At this low price, our customers can easily add to their domain portfolio to protect their brand by registering the .US version of their .COM.
LuckyRegister is now offering Domain Hosting powered by Grid Technology, for all U.S. plans, at the same low price as traditional shared hosting.
What does it mean?
- Increased performance and redundancy: Grid technology uses a cluster of servers instead of a single server to host websites, resulting in more available resources to accommodate traffic and processing loads. Moreover, multiple servers mean redundancy – if a server goes down, the other servers are still available to serve a website.
- Pricing is unchanged: You can continue to order the same pricing structure, with no hidden fees, but powered by technology similar to what is used to deliver the most advanced cloud solutions available today.
- Usability is unchanged: we will continue to offer the Hosting Control Center and Hosting Connection at no additional cost, and the customer interface is the same.
- Features are virtually unchanged: with the exception of Java, ColdFusion, FrontPage, and Access database all the remaining features available on the shared hosting platform are available on Grid.
Customers who require one of these exceptions can still order plans that support them (based on the shared technology). NOTE: Look for a link below the plan options on the Web Hosting landing page – The page looks very similar. Order our cheap domain hosting now!
|New and improved Shared Hosting plans. How does unlimited sound?|
|Say goodbye to bandwidth overages and traffic limits. For the same low price, we’ve added unlimited bandwidth to all shared hosting plans. Here’s a snapshot of the new plans:
+Plan provides unlimited storage subject to availability of space on a single clustered server and subject to the terms of service in your Hosting Service Agreement. Limitations apply to other plan features.
By Nicole Kobie
Google has clarified its stance on the .co domain, days after it was released for sale globally.
Registrars are pushing the Colombian domain as an alternative to the largely oversubscribed .com. However, Google normally keeps country-specific top level domains local, so those with a .co.uk extension rank better in the UK but not as well elsewhere.
Neutral top-level domains such as .net and .com can have a global reach or be targetted at a specific area using the search giant’s webmaster tools.
Some country specific domains have crossed over, such as Tuvalu’s .tv or Montenegro’s .me, which Google now treats generically.
While the .co domain is still assigned to Colombia at the moment, a Google spokesperson said that would soon change. “We will rank .co domains appropriately if the content is globally targeted. Webmasters will soon have the functionality to be able to specify this by using the geotargeting options in Google Webmaster Tools.”
The clarification comes days after the .co domains went on sale, leaving some buyers wondering if their URL investment would pay off.
Joe Williams, of SEO Training UK, said Google’s statement should “make for plain sailing soon.”
“Although it’s still disappointing how the domain has been advertised without it actually being ‘fit for purpose’ from the go,” he added.