As you may know that Google has released “Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide” Version 1.1, published 13 November 2008. Bellowing are just some main points those we should do to make our web site to be more friendly with Google search engine crawler.
1. Create a unique title tag for each page of your web site – This will help Google see the different content from a page to the other pages of your web site.
2. Use short but rich informative titles – Please keep in mind that Google or any search engines only use a limited words for each page title.
3. Use good summarize of the page content for description tag – Description metal tag need to be rich information and can be used as a snippet in a search result. Good description metal tag can drive more traffic through search engine users’ click
4. Create an unique description tag for each page of your web site – This will help Google and web users to see the different content from a page to the other pages of your web site.
5. Use words in your web site URLs – A good URL is: easy to remember, rich informative about the page content and not too long. ( Our advice: It is great if you register a domain name that has rich informative about your web site content)
6. Create a simple structure for your web site urls – Web site structure is similar to a super market structure. The more simple structure, the better for visitors to find out the products they are looking for. This also good for search engine to find out and index your web site URLS. Make it clear and easy for users to go from home page content to the more specific content they want on your site.
7. Use a unique URL for each page content – To concentrate on the linking reputation to a web URL.
8. Use rich informative text for navigation for both internal and external links – Makes it easier for web users and search engines like Google to crawl and understand your site content.
9. Use internal links at the top or bottom of your web page – This will help your site visitors to navigate back to a previous section or the root page quickly and also help your web pages more friendly with search engine crawler.
10. Use an HTML and XML sitemap for your site – An HTML sitemap page with links to all of the important pages on your web site can be useful for visitors to find out your site products and more friendly for Google search engine crawler. An XML Sitemap file for your site to ensure that Google crawler will discover most of the pages on your site.
11. Make use of 404 page – will help users back to a working page on your site can greatly improve a user’s experience and help your site more friendly with search engine crawler.
12. Use relevant language – Think about the words that a user might search for to find a piece of your content. Users who know a lot about the topic might use different keywords in their search queries than someone who is new to the topic.
13. Create fresh and unique content for each web page – a fresh and unique content will not only useful for your site visitors, but also help your site more friendly with search engine.
14. Use heading tags – But remember that only use heading tags if it make senses for your web site content.
15. Use short and rich informative filenames and alt text – Filenames and alt text are best when they’re short, but descriptive. This will good for both web users and search engines.
Use alt text when using images as links to the other urls – This will helps search engine crawlers easy to understand about the page content that you are linking to
Do not know how to make your site more friendly and get high ranking in search engines? try our Traffic Blazer to Increase web site traffic
Source from: Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide, Version 1.1, published 13 November 2008
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.